I should be at the gym, watching Netflix instead
II haven’t run all week unless you factor in running from my kitchen to my couch to watch Netflix. I have eaten badly and generally for reasons that none of Y’all needs to or probably care to know about I just have not been on my A game, instead I have been binge watching Netflix in-between panic attacks, pitches and trying to spend quality time with my favourite human, my bae-bae.
So this is not a blog post about the gym or working out, or even eating well because I have done NONE of that. This is a blog post about my current obsessions on Netflix at the moment.
1. Lock up – I have an obsession with prison and prisoners. I know its out of the sheer terror of ever having to be fully confronted by crime (I have been broken into but I very luckily was not home at the time), the minds of people who have it in them to hurt others, as well as what goes on in prison from the mouths of prisoners. I have watched every season. It’s fantastic. It’s raw. It’s real. Highly recommend.
2. Easy – Bae actually suggested we watch this, the imagery Netflix uses to showcase it does not do it justice, I even skipped over it at first, don’t be like me. Watch it. It starts off seeming like every episode is stand-alone, but as you go on in the series you see how everyone’s stories are intertwined and characters from the first episode pop up in the 10th etc. It’s superb. It features themes sex, religion, culture and more. Highly recommend.
3. Heartland – Heartland – Now this is not for everyone. I love it because it reminds me of my childhood and riding horses and the freedom of living on a farm. I always wished I was allowed to or had the skill to do rodeo and we played Cowboys and Indians on horses from the time I knew how to ride. So if you too dream of living on a ranch, herding cattle, doing rodeo, and wearing a Stetson then you will LOVE Heartland. It’s very Hallmark but it genuinely full of feel good.
4. You Me Her – Genuinely the best Netflix show I have watched recently. Yes it’s about polyamory or “throupling” as the cool kids call it. I have been GLUED to my TV watching it. I don’t want to give too much away but it’s good. Watch it, I highly recommend.
5. Zumbo’s Just Desserts – Guys, I can’t cook but of my f**k to I love a cooking show. Zumbo’s is mucking afazing. The things this Zumbo guy can make are quite literally works of art that you can eat (my favourite type of art personally). I have watched every season and I think I may now have to buy cakes tins and start practising because, to be honest, I STILL dream of opening a cake/coffee shop one day.
6. My next guest needs no introduction with David Letterman – Guys. David Letterman is back, I have and always will dig him and his interviewing style. So when I saw this I was like “I have got 30 odd minutes to kill” well, lo and behold his first guest was Barack Freaking Obama. Guys, if you didn’t love Obama before his interview with David Letterman is so awesome. I don’t think I will ever feel so emotionally connected or invested in a president (other than Mandela) than I do with Obama. His next guest is George Clooney and best believe I am watching that this weekend. Also, Letterman grew a beard, and it’s a vibe.
Those are the ones that have captivated me. I haven’t gotten into the ones EVERYONE is talking about because I like different stuff. Like I freaking LOVE Orange is the new black, but Stranger Things for example I thought was kinda “Meh” and I only watched on an episode.
So yeah, if you have a Netflix account and want something a little different from what everyone else is watching this list is for you. Enjoy.