Under Construction #Constructhin
When I moved my old blog over to the new punkystarfish domain, I took a vow that I would not longer talk about weight-loss. That was old me, I had lost the weight. I had reached my goals, and I was not longer fat. Well, I break rules a lot and this post is me breaking them again because well, I have put on a rather sizeable amount of weight again. I am 10 kgs heavier than I was about a year ago, and I feel sluggish and unhappy with my body.
The thing about weight-loss and something I have learn recently is that, you have to do it for you and that is exactly what I plan to do – I plan to get myself back to a place where I am happy with my body, where shopping does not terrifying me because I know I have gone up a dress size and where I am not constricted by wearing baggy clothes because it’s all I think I look good in at the moment.
Make no mistake, I do not LOOK like I have put on 10kgs but I have – I feel it in my jeans that use to fit perfectly and even needed a belt to hold them up on “Skinny Days” that are not snug, and making me have that awful muffin top vibe that I hate hate hate.
So, as a way of holding myself accountable I am blogging about this new mission to shed 15kgs, I will be using the hashtag #Constructhin if you want to follow my progress online.
I am working on it taking me 3/4 months to do (fast, yes, but I have done it before so I KNOW that if I get my mindset in check and don’t cheat, it can very easily be done in that time frame again)
I think the biggest barrier in my way this time around are:
1. I have gotten used to my cappuccino’s in the morning
2. I have forgotten how to say no to cake
3. There is a lot of free food at work and at clients offices, and the best type of food is the free type
4. My boyfriend likes to drink beer, and I have picked up this habit too.
5. I have forgotten what the inside of a gym looks like
6. My work schedule and hours are so long that I am exhausted all the time during the week and food prep is going to be a hassle.
7. My willpower which has all but disappeared
Things that will make me succeed:
1. I live alone, there is NO temptation around unless I bring it into my house
2. Long hours at work mean there is very little time to think about food
3. I have done this before, and I know I can do it again.
So, when is this all starting?
I am going to Oppikoppi this coming weekend, and when I get back on the the 7th of October I will be starting the next day. #Constructhin starts on the 8th of October and should be done by the 8th of Jan, or the 8th of February at the latest.
P.S. Let it be known to you all that struggling with weight is and will always be a hassle for me. I am not one of those people who has a metabolism of a 15yr old boy, nor will I ever have a metabolism like that.
P.P.S I am a huge fan of body positive activists and I am starting to love my body, however if I am feeling slugging and unhappy that is how I am feeling and my bodies way of telling me that I need to get back on the health train ride off into the sunset.